- Are you tired of trying to remember your password? With this free app, you can sign into your personal Microsoft account without one. For security, you’ll use a fingerprint, face recognition, or a PIN. And don’t worry—if anything happens to your mobile device or if you forget your PIN, your password will still get you into your account.
- You can use the app with a mobile phone or a tablet. Learn what it’s like to sign in and how you can backup and recover account credentials.
- The Microsoft Authenticator app is available for Android and iOS.
- If you need more security, you can require a password along with your fingerprint, face recognition, or PIN. This is called two-step verification. For a personal account, you can turn two-step verification on or off, and reset your password. You can also manage app passwords and change your settings. For a work or school account, your administrator will likely decide whether you'll use two-step verification, and then you'll complete the registration process and set it up.
The Microsoft Authenticator app also supports the industry standard for time-based, one-time passcodes (also known as TOTP or OTP). Because of that, you can add any online account that also supports this standard to the Microsoft Authenticator app. This will help keep your other online accounts secure.
- For instructions on how to add other online accounts, read Add your non-Microsoft accounts.