When you set up a new phone, use the same Microsoft account you used for your old one and we'll automatically restore your backed-up texts, plus your photos and videos from OneDrive. Restoring apps and settings takes a few extra steps.
- When you first set up your new phone, sign in using the same Microsoft account you used for your old one.
- When you're prompted to restore your phone, select a backup, and then select Next.
- If you're asked to verify your account, provide the security code, and then select Next.
- Wait for your phone to finish restoring and then select Next.
- If you had multiple accounts set up on your old phone, you'll be prompted to enter their passwords. Enter them and select Next, or select Skip to enter them later.
- Select Done.