Virtual Agent: Need help with Windows updates?
- When the Windows 10 November 2019 Update is ready for your device, it will be available to download from the Windows Update page in Settings. Choose a time that works best for you to download the update. You'll then need to restart your device and complete the installation. After that, your device will be running Windows 10, version 1909. (To check whether you're already running the November 2019 Update, select View update history on the Windows Update settings page.) Also note the following:
- If you want to install the update now, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them.
- If version 1909 isn't offered automatically through Check for updates, you can get it manually through the Update Assistant.
- If you run into problems updating your device, including problems with previous major updates, see common fixes at Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10, or use Fix Windows update issues to step you through the troubleshooting process.
- If you're warned by Windows Update that you don't have enough space on your device to install the update, see Free up space.
- If you experience internet connection issues while updating your device, see Fix network connection issues in Windows.
- If you're still running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and want to make the move to Windows 10, you can learn more at Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ.