This article describes the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 offline installer for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2016.
About the .NET Framework 4.7.1
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 is a highly compatible in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7.
The offline package can be used when the web installer cannot be used because of lack of Internet connectivity. This package is larger than the web installer and does not include the language packs. We recommend that you use the web installer instead of the offline installer for optimal efficiency and bandwidth requirements.
When you install this package, you can see following packages or updates that are installed as per operating system:
- In Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, the Microsoft.NET Framework 4.7.1 is listed as an installed product under the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
- In Windows Server 2012, Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4033345) is displayed under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
- In Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4033369) is displayed under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
- In Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Creators Update and Windows Server 2016, it's listed as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4033393) under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
The .NET Framework 4.7.1 is available on Windows Update and on Windows Server Update Service (WSUS). It will be offered as a recommended update on Windows Update.
Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 offline installer package now.
For Windows RT 8.1:
Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services.
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1, see the .NET Framework 4.7.1 known issues.
This version of the .NET Framework runs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and its earlier versions. However, it performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7.
The .NET Framework 4.7.1 Windows Update bundle also co-installs an update that includes critical reliability fixes for the product.
Command-line switches for this update
For the information about the various command-line options that are supported by this update, see the "Command-Line options" section of the .NET Framework Deployment Guide for Developers.
You may have to restart the computer after you install this update. We recommend that you exit all applications that are using the .NET Framework before you install this update.
The .NET Framework 4.7.1 offline installer supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10 Creators Update (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
- Windows Server 2016 (x64)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1