This article describes an update for the reliability of processor generation detection and hardware support on Windows Server 2012 R2. This update is dated August 8, 2017.
This update is available through Windows Update as a recommended update.
Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then click Action.
- Click Import Updates.
- WSUS opens a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. Install the ActiveX control to continue.
- After the ActiveX control is installed, you see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. Type 4033428 in the Search box, and then click Search.
- Locate the .NET Framework packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Click Add to add them to your basket.
- After you select all the packages that you need, click View Basket.
- Click Import to import the packages to your WSUS server.
- To return to WSUS, click Close after the packages are imported.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.