Issues that this cumulative update fixes
- 4056329 Can't access EWS from Outlook/OWA add-ins via makeEwsRequestAsync in Exchange Server 2016 and Exchange Server 2013
- 4054516 "Your request can't" error when accessing an archive mailbox via OWA in Exchange Server 2016
- 4055953 The recipient scope setting doesn't work for sibling domains in Exchange Server 2016
- 4055435 No MAPI network interface is found after you install Exchange Server 2016 CU7
- 4045655 Description of the security update for Microsoft Exchange: December 12, 2017
- 4057248 Many Watson reports for StoragePermanentException in Exchange Server 2016
Get Cumulative Update 8 for Exchange Server 2016
- Download Cumulative Update 8 for Exchange Server 2016 (KB4035145) now.
- Download Exchange Server 2016 CU8 UM Language Packs now.
- The Cumulative Update 8 package can be used to run a new installation of Exchange Server 2016 or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2016 installation to Cumulative Update 8.
- You don't have to install any previously released Exchange Server 2016 cumulative updates or service packs before you install Cumulative Update 8.
Cumulative update information
For more information about the prerequisites for the setup of Exchange Server 2016, see Exchange 2016 prerequisites.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
You don't have to make any changes to the registry after you apply this cumulative update package.
After you install this cumulative update package, you can't uninstall the package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange Server 2016. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange Server 2016 is removed from the server.
Known issues in this cumulative update
After you install Cumulative Update 8 for Exchange Server 2016, the Accept button disappears in the invitation email message of a shared calendar in Outlook Web App (OWA). Therefore, you cannot add the shared calendar by clicking the Accept button directly. To work around this issue, you can use one of the following methods:
Open the invitation from the Notifications pane in OWA.
Add the shared calendar manually in OWA. For more information, see How to open a shared calendar from an Outlook sharing invitation.
Open the invitation in Outlook, and then add the shared calendar.
For more information about the deployment of Exchange Server 2016, see Release notes for Exchange 2016.
For more information about the coexistence of Exchange Server 2016 and earlier versions of Exchange Server in the same environment, see Exchange 2016 system requirements.
For more information about other Exchange updates, see Exchange Server Updates: Build numbers and release dates.