- Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 update history
- Windows Server 2012 update history
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 update history
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 update history
- The fixes that are included in this Security Update for Internet Explorer 4036586 are also included in the September 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup. Installing either the Security Update for Internet Explorer or the Security Monthly Quality Rollup installs the fixes that are resolved in this update.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update and you automatically approve all security updates classifications for deployment, this Security Update for Internet Explorer 4036586, the September 2017 Security Only Quality Update, and the September 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup are deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure that the desired updates are deployed.
- This Security Update for Internet Explorer is not applicable for installation on a computer where the Security Monthly Quality Rollup or the Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup from September 2017 (or a later month) is already installed. This is because those updates contain all fixes that are in this Security Update for Internet Explorer.
If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Note With the rerelease of CVE-2017-8529 Microsoft has addressed previously known print issues related to this vulnerability; however, to prevent the potential for any further print regressions, the solution for CVE-2017-8529 is turned off by default. To be fully protected from this vulnerability, you need to apply a registry change after installing the update. For more information, go to CVE-2017-8529.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Note For Windows RT and Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Microsoft Update only.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Article ID: 4036586 - Last Review: Sep 20, 2017 - Revision: 27