This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4034663 (released August 15, 2017) and resolves the following issues:
- Updates to Internet Explorer 11’s navigation bar with search box.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer where undo is broken if character conversion is canceled using IME.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer where graphics render incorrectly.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer where the Delete key functioned improperly.
- Addressed issue in NPS server where EAP TLS authentication was broken.
- Re-release of MS16-087- Security update for Windows print spooler components.
- Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Windows shell, Microsoft Uniscribe, Microsoft Windows PDF Library, Windows TPM, Windows Hyper-V, Windows kernel, Windows DHCP Server, and Internet Explorer.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Some users who have the text size for icons set to a larger size (using Display Settings in Control Panel) may have issues launching Internet Explorer.
Reducing the text size for icons to a smaller value or using the Change the size of all items setting should alleviate this issue.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
Article ID: 4038792 - Last Review: Nov 17, 2017 - Revision: 17