- To require adult approval for the things your child wants to buy in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices – except what they get with gift cards or money in their Microsoft account – go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account. Then:
- Find your child's name and select Content restrictions.
- Switch Needs adult approval to buy things to On.
- Approve or deny their requests through email or on account.microsoft.com/family.
- To see your past purchases, sign in to your order history with your Microsoft account.
- If you were charged for an unauthorized purchase, you may be able to request a refund.
To require adult approval for things your child wants to buy in Microsoft Store on Xbox One, except what they get with gift cards or money in their Microsoft account:
- Sign in with an adult account on the console.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Account > Family and choose a child account.
- Select Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy > View details & customize > Buy & download and select On from the drop-down.