This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft System Center 2016 Orchestrator. This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- Support added for TLS 1.2. For more information about how to set up, configure, and run your environment to use TLS 1.2, go to the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4051111 TLS 1.2 Protocol Support Deployment Guide for System Center 2016
- Orchestrator throws an error when more than 23 groups are added to the permissions of the Runbook folders.
- Runbooks that use the Send Email activity fail during check-in.
After this update rollup is applied, RunbookServerMonitorService.exe may not be able to connect to the database.
To fix this issue, download and apply the following hotfix from the Microsoft Download Center:
Note This hotfix must be applied after Update Rollup 4 is applied.
- After this update rollup is applied, the Log Purge function may fail. There is a stored procedure in the Orchestrator database named sp_insertevent which has a parameter @message. If the datatype of the @message parameter is nvarchar(max), then the Log Purge function may fail. To fix this issue, change the datatype of the @message parameter from nvarchar(max) to nvarchar(4000). SQL Server Management Studio can be used to connect to the Orchestrator database to make this change.
How to obtain Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator
Important Before you install this update, make sure that the SQL Server Native Client is installed on the Management server role. For more information, see the Installing SQL Server Native Client topic on the Microsoft Docs website.
Update packages for Orchestrator are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Windows Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an Orchestrator component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Installation instructions for Orchestrator
Download the update packages that Microsoft Update provides for each computer. Microsoft Update provides the appropriate updates according to the components that are installed on each computer. Or manually download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
After the Orchestrator updates are installed, reconfigure the Orchestrator database by using the existing database according to these guidelines.