Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Designed for exceptional accuracy, comfort, and control, the new Surface Performance Mouse helps you stay in your flow with flawless scrolling, three customizable thumb buttons,1 and the ability to quickly switch between three different devices.2
Note: To use Surface Precision Mouse, your PC needs to have Bluetooth 4.0 or later. And it’s designed to work best with Windows 10.
1 Full customization requires Mouse and Keyboard Center. Mouse and Keyboard Center is not available on Windows 10 S, Surface Hub, or HoloLens.
2 Smart Switching requires Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
Make it your own with Mouse and Keyboard Center
Get the Mouse and Keyboard Center app to customize what the mouse buttons do, change the scroll settings, set up device switching, and more. You can also customize the wheel button to open apps like OneNote or Cortana.
With Surface Precision Mouse, you can pair up to three different devices and quickly switch between them without having to stop and re-pair each time. Here’s how:
Pair a single device:
- Press and hold the pairing button on the bottom of the mouse for 5-7 seconds, then let the button go. There are three pairing lights, one for each of the devices you can pair the mouse with. All three pairing lights will blink once when the mouse goes into pairing mode, then the first light will blink slowly.
- Once the first pairing light is blinking, follow these steps to connect a Bluetooth device. You can pair up to two more devices with your mouse.
Pair with more devices:
- Press the pairing button on the bottom of the mouse to select a second device and then release it. The second pairing light on the bottom of the mouse will blink quickly.
Note: To pair the mouse with a third device, press the pairing button on the bottom of the mouse twice until the third pairing light is blinking quickly.
- Once the second light is blinking quickly, press and hold the pairing button on the bottom of the mouse and then release it. All three pairing lights will blink once when the mouse goes into pairing mode, then the second light will blink slowly.
Note: If you’re pairing a third device, the third light will blink.
- When the second pairing light is blinking slowly, follow these steps to connect a Bluetooth device.
After you set up Smart Switch, press the Bluetooth Pairing button on the mouse once to quickly switch from one device to another.
Switch between devices using Smart Switch
With your devices paired, you can use Surface Precision Mouse to switch between up to three of your devices by moving your mouse cursor to the edge of your screen. Here’s how to set it up in Mouse and Keyboard Center.
- You need to pair all your devices before you can set up Smart Switch.
- Install Mouse and Keyboard Center on all the devices you want to use with Smart Switch.
- Open Mouse and Keyboard Center on one of the devices that Surface Precision Mouse is paired with, and then select Smart Switch.
- Slide the Enable Smart Switch bar to On. You’ll see a list of the devices that are paired with your mouse, in the order they were paired.
- Review the available settings to customize Smart Switch.
Charge Surface Precision Mouse
When the light on the top of the mouse blinks red, use the USB cable that came with the mouse to recharge the battery. You can keep using Surface Precision Mouse while it charges.
To check the battery level, go to Mouse and Keyboard Center.