This article describes how to install a cumulative update for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018. You have to recompile all objects after you install a cumulative update.
A cumulative update is a cumulative set of files that includes all hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018.
A cumulative update includes files that are separated into the following folders:
See Upgrading the Data to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 for details.
How to install the cumulative update files
The APPLICATION folder includes the following files:
- AccumulatedChangeLog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
- Changelog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
- CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob
- Objects.<Locale>.Objects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
To install the application files, follow these steps:
- Unmodified databases:
- Import the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob file into an unmodified Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 database.
- Replace the existing objects in the database with the cumulative update objects.
For more information, see How to: Import Objects.
- Modified databases or local databases for which local cumulative updates are not released:
Import the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob file into the Import Worksheet window in your modified database.
For more information, see Import Worksheet.
- Replace the objects in your database that have NOT been modified.
- Use the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt file to compare and merge the cumulative update objects with the objects in your database that have been modified.
Or, you may use the Changelog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt file to manually apply the changes to the objects in your database.
Note If a table in the cumulative update has a new field and the same table in your database has been modified, use the Merge: Existing<-New or the Merge: New<-Existing options in the Import Worksheet window to import the new fields. For more information, see Options for Merging Objects.
Note about Regulatory Features If a license update is required for a regulatory feature, customers can download an updated license from CustomerSource and partners can download their customers' updated license from VOICE. For more information, see the following How To articles:
- Customers: How to Download a Microsoft Dynamics NAV License from CustomerSource
- Partners: How to Download a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Customer License from VOICE
The following components are defining the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Platform:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Client
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows Client
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Service Tier
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV platform can be installed by the following methods:
- Use the installation program
- Un-install current client or server
- Open the DVD folder and run the setup.exe
- Connect to the database
- Use the ClickOnceInstaller (Web Client and Windows Client only)
- For more information, see Deploying Microsoft Dynamics NAV Using ClickOnce.