This article describes the contents of the March 2018 servicing release for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP). This servicing release contains the latest fixes for the Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.1 RTM Client.
- The App-V Clients are "in-box" starting at the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Version 1607). The "in-box" App-V client continues to use the App-V 5.1 Server.
- Fixes that are delivered to the "out-of-box" versions of App-V are first delivered for the "in-box" versions of App-V in the monthly Windows 10 cumulative updates.
- We recommend that you test fixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new servicing release contains all the fixes (including security fixes) that were included in the previous update package. We recommend that you apply for the latest servicing release.
Issues that are fixed in this update
App-V 5.1 (release version)
This servicing release fixes the following issues:
- Addresses an issue in which the user's hive data in the registry isn't maintained correctly when some App-V packages belong to the connection group.
- Provides additional logging for administrators to take action, such as picking a correct configuration for their App-V package, when there are multiple configuration files for a single package.
- Addresses an issue in which the App-V service might crash in the RDS server that hosts lots of users.
- Addresses an issue about the App-V package folder access. Because this bug access control list isn't handled correctly, you cannot publish applications.
Microsoft Download Center
A supported hotfix is available for download.
To apply this hotfix for APP-V 5.1, you must have APP-V 5.1 RTM or a later App-V 5.1 servicing release installed.
You must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Update replacement information
This hotfix replaces the following:
Microsoft Application Virtualization version HF10 as described in the following article:
- KB 4041137 September 2017 servicing release for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack
To apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
This servicing release includes update installers for App-V 5.1 RTM.
For App-V, the original client installation file contains installers for both x86-based and x64-based architectures. Running the .exe file automatically deploys the correct client. However, if the original client was deployed by extracting and using the architecture-specific .msi file, you must apply the associated .msp file to ensure a successful update. To extract the associated .msp file, run the following command:
Important If you try to apply this update by running the AppV5.1RTM_Client_KB4074878.exe file instead of the (extracted) associated .msp file, you may receive the following error message:
Setup failed while scanning the system for prerequisites. The update only applies to App-V client version: '5.1.xx.0'. The AppV client is not present on this computer.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|