Improvements and fixes
This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4088882 (released March 22, 2018) and addresses the following issues:
- Windows Update and WSUS will offer this update to applicable Windows client and server operating systems regardless of the existence or value of the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\QualityCompat\cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc" registry setting. This change has been made to protect user data.
- Addresses an issue with printing content generated by ActiveX in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an access violation on certain pages in Internet Explorer when it's rendering SVGs under high load.
- Addresses an issue that, in some instances, prevents Internet Explorer from identifying custom controls.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Microsoft graphics component, Windows Server, Windows kernel, Windows datacenter networking, Windows Hyper-V, Windows virtualization and kernel, and Windows app platform and frameworks.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.