When you apply this update through Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), it is only applicable to earlier versions of SSMS 17.x. This package will fully upgrade any previous 17.x version.
Data Discovery and Classification:
- Added a new SQL Data Discovery and Classification feature for discovering, classifying, labeling, and reporting sensitive data in your databases.
- Auto-discovering and classifying your most sensitive data (business, financial, healthcare, PII, and so on) can play a pivotal role in your organizational information protection stature.
- Learn more at SQL Data Discovery and Classification.
- Added support for the SkipRows option to the Delimited Text External File Format for Azure SQL Data Warehouse. This capability allows users to skip a specified number of rows when they load delimited text files into SQL Data Warehouse. Also added the corresponding intellisense and SQL Server Management Objects (SMO) support for the FIRST_ROW keyword.
- Enabled the display of the estimated plan button for SQL Data Warehouse.
- Added a new showplan attribute EstimateRowsWithoutRowGoal; And added new showplan attributes UdfCpuTime and UdfElapsedTime to QueryTimeStats. For more information, see Optimizer row goal information in query execution plan added in SQL Server 2017 CU3.
The following update is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the update now
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- Fixed the Live Query Statistics (LQS) elapsed time to show the engine execution time instead of time that's elapsed for the LQS connection.
- Fixed an issue in which showplan was not able to recognize Apply logical operators such as GbApply and InnerApply.
- Fixed an issue that's related to ExchangeSpill.
- Fixed an issue that's related to SPIDs in which SSMS could throw an error message that resembles "Input string was not in a correct format. (mscorlib)" when you run a simple query that's preceded by a "SET SHOWPLAN_ALL ON".
- Fixed an issue in which SMO was not able to fetch AvailabilityReplica properties in case the server collation was case-sensitive (and therefore, SSMS could display an error message that resembles "The multi-part identifier "a.delimited" could not be bound.").
- Fixed an issue in the DatabaseScopedConfigurationCollection class in which incorrectly handling collations occur (and therefore, an SSMS that's running on an machine with a Turkish locale could display an error message that resembles "legacy cardinality estimation is not valid scoped configuration" when you right-click a database that's running on a server with a case-sensitive collation).
- Fixed an issue in the JobServer class in which SMO was not able to fetch SQL Server Agent properties on a SQL Server 2005 server (and therefore, SSMS was throwing an error message that resembles "Cannot assign a default value to a local variable. Must declare the scalar variable "@ServiceStartMode" and, ultimately, SSMS was not displaying the SQL Server Agent node in Object Explorer).
- "Database Mail": fixed several typos. For more information, see Fix spelling error in template "Database Mail" > "Simple Database Mail Configuration".
- Fixed an issue in which Managed Compression would fail for indexes. For more informaiton, see SSMS 17.4 - Error when enabling page compression on index through GUI.
- Fixed an issue for the Merge Audit Files feature.
- Removing a classification and then manually adding a new classification for the same column result in the old information type and sensitivity label being assigned to the column in the main view.
Workaround: Before saving, assign the new information type and sensitivity label after the classification is added back to the main view.