- You can cancel one or more items in a Microsoft Store order or pre-order before you're charged or before the item has shipped.
Go to your Order history and find the order or pre-order.
Select Cancel item next to the item you want to cancel. If you don't see this option, you've already been charged for the item, but you can request an exchange or refund.
Select the check box next to the item and then select the Cancel item button.
Check your inbox for an email confirming the order was canceled. If you don't see the confirmation email in your inbox after a few minutes, check your spam or junk mail folder.
- You can get more info about canceling an order or pre-order from Microsoft Store, or learn how to:
- Prevent accidental or unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store by requiring a password for any purchase.
- Change the payment method or credit card linked to your Microsoft account.
- Cancel or turn off recurring billing on a Microsoft subscription (including Xbox Live and Microsoft 365).
- Require kids to ask a parent before buying stuff in Microsoft Store.
- Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console.
- For additional questions, you can select Contact us at the top of this page, or on the Microsoft Support help page.