Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Updates Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge to respect the video preload flag in certain scenarios.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue where some sscanf functions fail to stop reading characters from the input buffer.
- Addresses an issue that causes the system to stop working with an 0x139_e_INVALID_REFERENCE_COUNT error.
- Addresses an issue that prevents customers from typing Hangul correctly with Microsoft's Korean IME in Microsoft Word Online.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server. For more information, see CredSSP updates for CVE-2018-0886.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Device Guard, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows virtualization and kernel, HTML help, and Windows Server.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 Feature Update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This does not apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4103716.