Applies to: System Center Virtual Machine Manager, version 1807
This article describes the issues that are fixed in System Center Virtual Machine Manager, version 1807. There are three downloads available for Virtual Machine Manager: One for Virtual Machine Manager server, one for Administrator Console (x86 and amd64), and one for VMM Guest Agent. This article also contains installation instructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- The VIP template creation wizard does not invalidate selected protocols if the load balancer type is changed.
- Virtual Machine (VM) properties do not let you select of the “Computer Name” field for clipboard copy.
- You cannot create NAT rules through the UI for NAT connections that were created through VM Network Gateway.
- The VMM console does not show the Dynamic MAC address in the VM network adapter.
- The VMM console crashes when you try to open a service template that was created by copying another VMM Service Template properties for tenant users.
- VM live migration incorrectly shows a “NoAvailableNetworkOptimization” warning.
- VMM overwrites the Public IP Address Resource reference property that is set on the Network Interface Network Controller object out-of-band.
- You cannot fetch the virtual fiber channel adapter object by using the Get-SCVirtualFibreChannelAdapter PowerShell cmdlet.
- The interactive logon that is used for the Add/Remove host process is removed in this version of VMM.
- Importing physical resources in the SCVMM library fails if the library is a file server
- Included QoS related fixes:
- Creating a VM or adding a VHD by using an existing VHD with QoS Policy that is not available in target storage is successful.
- Creating a VM or adding a VHD that has a divergent QoS policy is successful when you use an existing VHD.
- Adding an existing VHD on the cloud VM by using a QoS policy that is not in the scope of the cloud is successful.
- VMM ASR compatibility guidance: If you use SCVMM that is integrated with ASR, this update supports version 5.1.3100 and later versions of Microsoft Azure Site Recovery Provider (also known as DRA). Older versions are not supported.
To upgrade DRA, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the existing version of DRA.
- Install this update for System Center Virtual Machine Manager, version 1807.
- Install version 5.1.3100 or a later version of DRA.
How to obtain System Center Virtual Machine Manager, version 1807
Important You must have System Center Virtual Machine Manager, version 1801 installed to apply this update.
Virtual Machine Manager packages are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the upgrade package.
Go to the following websites to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Installation instructions for System Center Virtual Machine Manager, version 1807
To manually install the update packages, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /update packagename
For example, to install this update package for System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server (KB4135364), run the following command:
msiexec.exe /update kb4135364_vmmserver_amd64.msp