Creating the best products and experiences for our customers is our top priority. We have heard your feedback and after careful examination, have determined that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices are exhibiting a flickering or scrambled screen that cannot be addressed with a firmware or driver update. To support customers affected by this issue, we will replace eligible Surface Pro 4 devices for up to three years from the date of purchase, free of charge.
First, ensure that you have taken all the latest Surface and Windows Updates. Surface and Windows updates are designed to keep your device running in an optimal state. If the flickering or scrambling persists on the screen with all current updates installed, please contact Microsoft support. Once an agent has determined that your device is eligible for replacement, you will need to prepare your Surface for service. We will ship you a replacement device as soon as you return your existing device. Typically, it will take 5-8 business days for you to receive an exchange device from the date that you ship your current device back to us.
- Only Surface Pro 4 devices, of any configuration, are covered under this program.
- This offer is extended to both consumers and commercial customers.
- This program does not apply to Devices damage caused by:
- use with products not sold or licensed by Microsoft
- any external cause (for example, by being dropped, exposed to liquid, or used with inadequate ventilation)
- a repair done by anyone other than Microsoft or an authorized retailer or reseller.
- The extension of a free replacement is applicable only for the Surface Pro 4 devices which are experiencing a flickering or scrambled screen as appropriately qualified by the agents. If the device is not qualified for replacement and /or for other repair needs, customers will continue to receive service under their existing Limited Warranty support or Microsoft Complete.
- Microsoft provides replacement devices which are refurbished to the defined quality standards.
- Customers who have already paid an out-of-warranty fee to repair a flickering or scrambled screen issue will be offered a refund and should contact Customer Support for validation.