Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that causes win32kfull.sys to stop working (Stop 3B) when cancelling journal hook operations or disconnecting a remote session.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) applications that may cause applications to flicker.
- Addresses an issue that displays incorrect changes to folder contents.
- Addresses an issue that prevented the Device Guard PackageInspector.exe application from including all the files needed for an application to run correctly once the Code Integrity policy was completed.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users of PIV/CAC smart cards from authenticating to use enterprise resources or prevents Windows Hello for Business from configuring on first logon.
- Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop working after setting a DLL rule in AppLocker.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from logging on when an Azure Active Directory account domain changes.
- Addresses an issue that causes PowerShell scripts to stop working when attempting operations such as Get-Credentials.
- Addresses an issue that, in some cases, failed to clear decrypted data from memory after a CAPI decryption operation was completed.
- Addresses an issue that causes high CPU usage on machines with built-in Sierra broadband modules when switching from WLAN to LAN. The WWanSvc service continually claims additional memory until the machine becomes unresponsive and a black screen appears.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Wi-Fi EAP-TTLS (CHAP) authentication to fail if a user saves credential information before authentication.
- Addresses an issue that causes a connection failure when the Remote Desktop Service does not read the bypass list for a proxy that has multiple entries.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 Feature Update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This does not apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
To get the package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4343889.