This article also applies to the following:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
After you install the August Preview of Quality Rollup or September 11, 2018 .NET Framework update, instantiation of SqlConnection can throw an exception. For more information about this issue, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4470809 SqlConnection instantiation exception on .NET 4.6 and later after August-September 2018 .NET Framework updates
Additional information about this update
- 4342307 Description of Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4342307)
- 4342318 Description of Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4342318)
- 4342314 Description of Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4342314)