Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft Project 2016 installed on the computer.
Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home (see Determining your Office version).
Improvements and fixes
- When you save a project as an XML file, Project 2016 may crash. This issue can occur after you install the April 3, 2018, update for Project 2016 (KB 4018320).
- When you make changes in a project and then save it, the custom field lookup table values are also saved even though they have not been changed. Therefore, it takes longer to publish the project. And while the publishing processes, other actions such as viewing the tasks view in Project Web App may be slow.
- Assume that you update cost or work data for a subtask in Project 2016. When you save a baseline on the task and choose the option to roll up the baseline data to all summary tasks, the baseline data for task summary tasks within the sub project is rolled up but not to the inserted project summary tasks and summary tasks in the master project.
- You have a SharePoint document library.
- The document library list experience is set to the new "modern" experience.
- The document library versioning settings require checkout.
- You have a Project file stored in the library. You open the file from the library by using Project 2016.
How to get and install the update
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: November 13, 2018.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB 2920698.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.