This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2018-8568 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2018-8572.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 installed on the computer.
This public update delivers Feature Pack 2 for SharePoint Server 2016, which contains the following feature:
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
This public update also delivers all the features that were included in Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016, including:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that the experience is enabled, either by installation of the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Docs articles:
Improvements and fixes
This security update contains improvements and fixes for the following nonsecurity issues for SharePoint Server 2016:
- When you execute a REST query that filters on the FSOBjType field, you receive an HTTP 500 error.
- After you install the September 2018 .NET Framework security updates for CVE-2018-8421, some workflows that use the SharePoint 2010 Workflow platform type stop working.
This security update contains improvements and fixes for the following nonsecurity issues for Project Server 2016:
- When multiple user and group synchronization jobs run in parallel, SQL deadlocks may occur. This issue may cause orphaned records in the MSP_WEB_SECURITY_PSMODE_PERMISSION_SYNC_STATES table that may also cause poor synchronization performance and large amounts of disk space consumed by the orphaned rows.
- When an automatic approval rule is used to process status updates, for a given task, the Process Status field on the Tasks page is not changed from "Manager updated" to "Completed" even though the task is completed.
- This update enables the ScheduledFromStart property to be set in the DraftProject class in the Client-Side Object Model (CSOM). You can now specify at creation of a new project whether it should be scheduled from the start date or the finish date.
- This update adds the GraphicalIndicator property to the CustomField class in the Client-Side Object Model (CSOM). You can now set and get a Graphical Indicator for a custom field.
- Approving status updates leads to an internal failure. The Info column in the Status updates history says that there was an internal error, and the Status says "Pending." This problem can occur when a team member adds notes to their task status.
- This update adds a UseForMatching property to the CustomField class in the Client-Side Object Model (CSOM). Through this property, you can set whether a field is used for matching generic resources.
- Assume that you change the Week starts on setting for a project and save the project as a template in Project 2016. Then, you associate the template to an Enterprise Project Type (EPT) in Project Web App. When you create a new project from the Project Center by using the EPT, you find that the Week starts on setting doesn't match the setting in the template.
- Approving status updates leads to an internal failure. The Info column in the Status updates history says that there was an internal error, and the Status says "Pending." This problem may occur when an internal services timeout occurs even though the Project Calculation Service RequestTimeLimits is set to an appropriate value.
- In the Capacity Planning report, the Resource Center, Resource Assignments and Resource requests buttons on the Ribbon are not working.
- This update adds the Departments property for the EnterpriseProjectType class in the Client-Side Object Model (CSOM). You can now set and get the department for an Enterprise Project Type.
- The Current Max. Units (%) value of a resource that's shown in Project Web App doesn't match the current Max. Units value that's seen in Project 2016.
- A project's or task's calendar can't be set through the Client-Side Object Model (CSOM). Instead, you see the error message: "Column "TASK_CAL_UID' is read only."
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: November 13, 2018.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB 4461447.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|