Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4462926 (released October 9, 2018) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Addresses the redenomination of local currency that the Central Bank of Venezuela implemented to enter the Bolivar Soberano into circulation.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue that makes it impossible to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 when the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) mode is enabled.
- Addresses an issue with a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS) deadlock in FailoverReplicationTracker that causes VMMS to stop responding in Windows Server 2012 R2. This occurs because Dynamic Optimization starts Live Migration at the wrong time.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the VMMS service to stop working when executing Live Migration in Windows Server 2012 R2. This occurs when using a Measure-VM cmdlet or any metric Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) query.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4462921.