Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that incorrectly implies that user policies have not been applied after configuring a user rights Group Policy setting. Reporting tools, such as RSOP.MSC or Gpresult.exe /h, do not show the user rights policies or display a red “X” instead.
- Addresses an issue that degrades Internet Explorer performance when you use roaming profiles or you don't use the Microsoft Compatibility List.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue that may cause applications to lose IPv4 connectivity when IPv6 is unbound.
- Addresses an issue that may break connectivity on guest VMs on the server when applications inject the low-resource flag on packets.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
After installing this update, some users cannot set Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps.In some cases, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32 programs cannot be set as the default.
This issue is resolved in KB4469342.
|After installing this update, users may not be able to use the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing specific files. This issue does not affect normal playback.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be available mid-December 2018.|
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4464455.