This security update resolves a cross-site–scripting (XSS) vulnerability that exists when Microsoft SharePoint Server does not correctly sanitize a specially crafted web request that's made to an affected SharePoint server. To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-0830 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-0831.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- If there is a "Multiple lines of text" column in a SharePoint list, and the "Enhanced rich text " setting is applied to this column, the content in the column may not be always searchable in a search crawl.
- For right-to-left (RTL) languages, images are not displayed in some web parts (such as Hero, News, and People) that use the Image Component in the Fabric React component to show images.
- In an environment that uses the Japanese new era calendar, date formats that contain year aren't applied on the Timeline view for dates that occur after May 1, 2019.
- If multiple SharePoint farms use the same extended zone and consume a published search service application, search queries from this extended zone don't return results.
- You can't coauthor on Office files if a SharePoint server is installed in a time zone of GMT+1 or greater.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to turn on automatic updating, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: April 9, 2019.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4462199.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.