Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Ensures that certain windowed ActiveX controls scroll along with other page content in Internet Explorer 11 during a user-triggered scroll operation.
- Addresses an issue that causes navigation across eras to stop working in the Japanese Calendar view. For more information, see KB4469068 .
- Addresses an issue related to the date format for the Japanese era calendar. For more information, see KB4469068 .
- Addresses an issue that causes the GetCalendarInfo function to return an incorrect era name on the first day of the Japanese era. For more information, see KB4469068 .
- Addresses an issue that prevents the deletion of word spellings from the Microsoft Office dictionary using settings.
- Addresses time zone changes for Russian daylight standard time.
- Addresses time zone changes for Moroccan daylight standard time.
- Addresses an issue that sometimes causes the software keyboard to disappear when joining a Wi-Fi network while using a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application. This issue affects devices that have installed the Windows 10 Creators Update and have no physical keyboard.
- Addresses an issue to allow the use of the previous barrel button and drag functionality and ensure that shim choices have priority over the registry.
- Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft Word Immersive Reader to skip the first part of a selected word when using Microsoft Word Online in Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue in which event log entries for the CredSSP security update that fixes CVE-2018-0886 are not logged correctly.
- Addresses an issue that may cause excessive memory usage when using smart cards.
- Addresses an issue that causes the system to stop working with the error code, “0x120_fvevol!FveEowFinalSweepConvertSpecialRangesChunk”.
- Addresses an issue that blocks ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer on 64-bit systems. This occurs when using Windows Defender Application Control and creating a policy that allows all ActiveX controls to run in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Application Guard from browsing the internet if the proxy auto-config (PAC) file on a device uses IP literals to specify a web proxy.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a Wi-Fi client from connecting to Miracast® devices when the allowed service set identifier (SSID) is specified in Wireless Network Policies.
- Addresses an issue with the Group Policy Object (GPO) "Prohibit connection to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated network”. In this scenario, this GPO disconnects the Wi-Fi interface over which a VPN client connection is established.
- Addresses a power state transition issue that causes the system to become unresponsive when connecting to eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) devices.
- Addresses an issue that causes the RemoteApp window to always be active and in the foreground after closing a window.
- Addresses an issue that causes the installation and client activation of Windows Server 2019 and 1809 LTSC Key Management Service (KMS) host keys (CSVLK) to not work as expected. For more information about the original feature, see KB4347075.
Addresses an issue that causes slow screen refresh rates when an application creates and destroys many child windows.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
After you install the August Preview of Quality Rollup or September 11, 2018 .NET Framework update, instantiation of SqlConnection can throw an exception. For more information about this issue, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4470809 SqlConnection instantiation exception on .NET 4.6 and later after August-September 2018 .NET Framework updates.
|This issue is resolved in KB4480967.|
|After installing this update, users may not be able to use the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing specific files. This issue does not affect normal playback.||This issue is resolved in KB4471329.|
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4467681.