Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Files are not tiered after upgrading the Azure File Sync agent to version 4.x.
- AfsUpdater.exe is now supported on Windows Server 2019.
- Miscellaneous reliability improvements for sync.
Note Updaterollups for Azure File Sync Agent are cumulative. This update includes all theimprovements and fixes that were included in the previous cumulative update.
More information about this update rollup
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 220.127.116.11 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 18.104.22.168.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
How to get and install this update rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent
- If the Azure File Sync agent is not currently installed on a server, use the agent installation package on the Microsoft Download Center. The agent installation package on Microsoft Update and Microsoft Update Catalog is intended for agent upgrades only.
- To update existing agent installations, run AfsUpdater.exe (located in the agent installation directory) or download and install the update from Microsoft Update or Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Click Start, and then click Settings.
- In Settings, click Update & security.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify the update rollup package is listed and then click Install now.
Server 2012 R2
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Verify the update rollup package is selected, and then click Install.
Microsoft Update Catalog
Go to the following website to manually download theupdate rollup package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manuallyinstall the update package, run the following command from an elevated commandprompt:
msiexec.exe /p packagename.mspREINSTALLMODE=OMUSREINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
For example, toinstall the Azure File Sync agent update for Server 2016, run the followingcommand:
msiexec.exe /pStorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4481059.mspREINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
Microsoft Download Center
Go to the Microsoft Download Center to manually download theagent installation package for new agent installations.
Note: Toperform a silent installation for new agent installations, follow the stepsdocumented in KB4459986.