This security update resolves a cross-site-scripting (XSS) vulnerability that exists if Microsoft SharePoint Server does not correctly sanitize a specially crafted web request to an affected SharePoint server. To learn more about the vulnerability see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-0693 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-0694.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 installed on the computer.
This public update delivers Feature Pack 2 for SharePoint Server 2016. Feature Pack 2 contains the following feature:
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
This public update also delivers all the features that were included in Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016, including the following:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern user experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that the experience is enabled, either by installing the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Docs articles:
Improvements and fixes
- SharePoint Hybrid Auditing (preview) is deprecated. The Hybrid Auditing documentation link is now removed from the SharePoint Central Administration page.
- The Dutch word breaker unexpectedly breaks the names "Anneleen" and "Kathleen" into compound words. This causes search errors.
- When you upgrade a SharePoint Server 2013 site to SharePoint Server 2016, if the site uses a Serbian language pack and runs workflows that are configured to use the Workflows site collection feature, the in-progress workflows no longer work. This update fixes the problem. To make the workflows work, toggle the Workflows feature off and then on again after you apply this update.
- Fixes an issue in which you can't open the Compliance dialog box by selecting the Compliance Details entry from the ellipsis menu.
- Fixes an issue that causes SharePoint mobile view to fail if there is no User Profile Application (UPA) service application or My Site that is associated with the web application.
This security update contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues in Project Server 2016:
- You receive the following error message when you save or submit a timesheet that has has a newly locked task:
"An error occurred while communicating with the server. Check connectivity with your administrator to determine whether further action is necessary."
- Consider the following scenario:
- You have server event code on the publishing event that extracts data from a project through the client-side object model (CSOM).
- You open a project by using Project or Project Web App.
- You make changes in the project.
- You publish the project.
In this scenario, the publishing event code that reads the project data runs for more than a minute and then times out. As a result, the event unexpectedly cancels the publishing job.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: February 11, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4484143.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|