This security update resolves a cross-site-scripting (XSS) vulnerability that exists if Microsoft SharePoint Server does not correctly sanitize a specially crafted web request to an affected SharePoint server. To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-0693 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-0694.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- Adds support for the SameSite cookie attribute to remain compatible with changes in how web browsers such as Chrome handle cookies.
- SharePoint Hybrid Auditing (preview) is deprecated. The Hybrid Auditing documentation link is now removed from the SharePoint Central Administration page.
- This update successfully crawls empty files that were previosuly reported as crawl errors.
- Fixes the Content Deployment job bug that causes failures and returns an "AppFiles (Template ID:126) list already exists" error message.
- Fixes the crawl failure that occurs if a document library contains an item that has a document ID URL that points to another site collection.
- Fixes the issue in which List items appear in the wrong group in Modern UI.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: February 11, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4484142.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.