This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-17089
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-17115
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-17118
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-17120
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-17121
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 installed on the computer.
This public update delivers Feature Pack 2 for SharePoint Server 2016. Feature Pack 2 contains the following feature:
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
This public update also delivers all the features that were included in Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016, including:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern user experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that the experience is enabled, either by installation of the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Docs articles:
Improvements and fixes
- Fixes the failures that occur when you upload files larger than 100 MB through dragging and dropping.
- Fixes an issue in which the English version of Word Breaker incorrectly breaks currency such as "P1038615 GRD." This prevents users from searching on this item.
- Fixes an issue in which copying and pasting in a list in Quick Edit mode doesn't work for modern browsers.
- Fixes an issue in which the navigation pane is hidden if users change some Search Admin settings in a Search Service Application.
- Fixes an issue in which Business Connectivity Services (BCS) crawls of the .NET Connectivity Assemblies, Web services, or Custom type don't work.
- Fixes an issue in which an in-place search returns empty result when searching content within a subfolder of a document library or list items within a subfolder of a list in classic view.
- Improves performance on timesheet actions, such as saving and submitting.
- Fix: When a cost resource is assigned to a milestone task and the project is scheduled through a REST or client-side object model (CSOM) call, the calculation fails and generates an error message that includes the text, "Cannot extend beyond minimum date."
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: December 8, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4486717.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|