Reminder: March 12th and April 9th will be the last two Delta updates for Windows 10, version 1709. Security and quality updates will continue to be available via the express and full cumulative update packages. For more information on this change please visit our blog.
Reminder: Windows 10, version 1709, will reach end of service on April 9, 2019 for devices running Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation, and IoT Core editions. These devices will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
IMPORTANT: Windows 10 Enterprise, Education, and IoT Enterprise editions will continue to receive servicing for 12 months at no cost per the lifecycle announcement on October 2018.
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that may cause applications that use MSXML6 to stop responding if an exception was thrown during node operations.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Group Policy editor to stop responding when editing a Group Policy Object (GPO) that contains Group Policy Preferences (GPP) for Internet Explorer 10 Internet settings.
- Addresses a stop error that occurs when attempting to start the Secure Shell (SSH) client program from Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) with agent forwarding enabled using a command line switch (
ssh –A) or a configuration setting.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when you enable per font end-user-defined characters (EUDC). The system will stop working and a blue screen will appear at startup. This is not a common setting in non-Asian regions.
- Addresses an issue that may cause compound document (OLE) server applications to display embedded objects incorrectly if you use the PatBlt API to place embedded objects into the Windows Metafile (WMF).
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Server, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Server, Windows MSXML, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this update, Custom URI Schemes for Application Protocol handlers may not start the corresponding application for local intranet and trusted sites on Internet Explorer.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4493440.
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.|| |
Do one of the following:
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4493441.
Thank you for visiting the Windows 10, version 1709 update history page today. If you would like to learn more about how to use these pages and make the most of them, see our blog post.
To improve the information presented in the history pages and related KBs and make them more useful to our customers, we have created an anonymous survey for you to share your comments and feedback.