How to submit a support incident using your Software Assurance benefits
To submit a request for phone support or unlimited email support, start here: Submit Request
You must provide the following information:
- Software Assurance Access ID*
- Product edition and version that shows the issue
- Authorized contact information
* Software Assurance Access ID: If you do not have your Access ID, contact your Software Assurance benefits administrator or Microsoft sales representative. Your organization’s Software Assurance benefits administrator receives an Access ID after clicking “Activate” on the 24x7 benefit in the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC). If the administrator has not yet activated the 24x7 benefit in VLSC, there may be a delay of up to 48 hours before your 24x7 benefit can be used.
Software Assurance support benefit types
Phone incident award
You may submit a request via the web or by phone to receive a call back from support. Initial response time will be 2-8 business hours depending on the severity of your issue.
Your phone support incident will be decremented from your Software Assurance total phone incident award entitlements.
Unlimited email support
Email support is available only for server products and non-critical issues. In order to submit a request for email support, your organization must have the required Software Assurance coverage for server software and related CALS.
Responses to your email support requests will occur during support team business hours which may be in a different time zone than your own.
Sign in to the Volume Licensing Service Center to verify your eligibility for phone or email support benefits entitled through Software Assurance.
The SA support offering is governed by Microsoft's current Software Assurance terms and conditions. The terms and conditions are subject to change. For more information, see the Microsoft Product List and Product Use Rights available on the Microsoft Volume Licensing Web site.
Converting Software Assurance 24 x7 incidents to Premier
- To learn more about Premier Support visit Microsoft Services Premier Support
- See more detail and program rules here: Premier Support Software Assurance Datasheet