This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 7 forMicrosoft System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager. This article alsocontains the installation instructions for thisupdate.
Note Existing Data Protection Manager to Microsoft Azure customersshould upgrade to the latest agent (version 2.0.9162.0 or a later version). Ifthe latest agent is not installed, online backups may fail, and no DataProtection Manager to Windows Azure operation will work.
Issues that are fixed
This update fixes the following issues:
- Backup operation fails with ‘40002 – The VHD containing the replica or one of its snapshots could not be mounted or unmounted’ error.
- Data Protection Manager Recovery agent service crashes during Hyper-V Virtual Machine backup operation.
- Data Protection Manager service intermittently crashes during backup operations.
- When a Sharepoint farm with more than 100 databases is protected to Azure, recovery fails during re-catalog operation.
- Recovery of Hyper-V VMs as files in ‘Disk to Tape (D-T) backup scenario fails.
- Storage requirement for a Sharepoint farm on a secondary DPM server is not calculated accurately when DPM server uses Modern Backup Storage.
- Recovery of a Sharepoint farm from Azure fails.
Note A fresh installation of the Update Rollup Agent could cause a restart of the protected server.
How to obtain Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager
Update packages for Data Protection Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Data Protection Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses, using the most currentvirus-detection software that was available on the date that the file wasposted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent anyunauthorized changes to it.
Installation instructions for Data Protection Manager
To install this update for Data Protection Manager, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database.
- Install this rollup package on the server that's running System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager. To do this, run Microsoft Update on the server.
- In the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Note: This update rollup agent update requires you to restart protected servers in order to create or change protection groups.
Method 1: Update the protection agents from the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
- Click Yes, and then click Update Agents.
Method 2: Update the protection agents on the protected servers
- Obtain the update protection agent package from the following directory on the System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager server:
- The installation packages are as follows:
- For x86-based updates: i386\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4494084.msp
- For x64-based updates: amd64\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4494084_AMD64.msp