Service Update 38 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 38.
Please note that our naming conventions have changed to clarify the link between the version number and service update. For example, Service Update 38 will correspond to version number 38XX. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all the associated fixes will be rolled into the next Service Update, thus Service Update numbers will not always increase incrementally.
As this release is deployed globally, we will continue to add fixes and the version number may change. Check this article regularly as we continue to document fixes added to this release.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 38 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1||188.8.131.5244|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
Please note that an (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 38 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- Contacts synched from Outlook to CRM contained the wrong birthdays and anniversaries.
- Two time zones appeared in the tooltip instead of one when hovering over DateTime fields.
- Tab ordering jumps to a different control instead of moving to the next CRM form control when the tab key was used after selecting an Optionset using the mouse.
- When refreshed, forms displayed on the Web with an inconsistent hybrid of the 8.2 version style and the 9.0 version style.
- Buttons were visible that should not have been to a user with read only privileges that navigated to a grid with a chart.
- Instead of creating a new appointment, the original CRM appointment was modified when it was copied to Outlook.
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- X-axis/Y-axis labels were not displayed correctly for histogram charts and bar charts.
- The Save icon did not function in records containing a scripted field.
- Users could not tab through date/time fields.
- The Reconnect button did not function after toggling from Offline mode to Online mode.
- Instead of failing with an error message, network calls were generated endlessly when a user navigated to a bound dashboard in Unified Client containing a tile that used a view with a "fetchxml" that was over 55,000 characters long.
- Appointments failed to sync to Exchange when a regarding object was set for them.
- Results with attachments did not appear when performing relevance searches.
- When selecting the "Convert to" button the command bar, the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields did not populate in the "Convert to Lead" dialog box that appeared.
- Sandbox plugins did not function in Outlook's offline mode.
- Y-axis labels were truncated prematurely on horizontal bar charts.
- No values displayed when filtering related entity statecode columns on any view.
- A multiselect option set's values were not cleared in Unified Client when its record was updated.
- Email addresses and phone numbers could not be copied in the Quick View form when using the Chrome browser.
- Emails were not tracked into CRM when an alternate key was entered in the "emailaddress1" field on the contact entity.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- Import solutions failed when the Email entity was customized.
- An error occurred when qualifying leads or creating opportunities while running a synchronous workflow to update the business process flow.*
- An error occurred when accessing teams from field security profiles. (Error: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request…")
- In some cases the page will crash to a blank white screen when selecting an element from a Lookup control if user was connected via the iOS app.*
- An SQL exception occurred when qualifying a lead post.
- An error occurred when loading some fields in Power BI.
- An error occurred when providing a role to any team via "Manage Roles".
- Async jobs failed with a SQL error when they contained Clean Up Solution components.
- Forward mailboxes could not be tested and enabled if there was an invalid email in the user's inbox.
- An error occurred when updating an entity with "Optimistic Concurrency" enabled.
- The timeline failed to load if the email's recipients were unresolved.
- An error occurred when exporting records to a Dynamics Excel sheet.
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here.