Microsoft released a new cumulative update to Window Insider program Slow, Fast and Release Preview rings. If you have updated to Build 18356.30 or 18362.53 – your device will be offered this build. This update also includes updates that come as part of the normal monthly release cycle. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that prevents an input method editor (IME) from supporting the new Japanese Era character. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Enables Text-To-Speech (TTS) functionality to support new Japanese Era characters. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Universal Windows Platform (UWP) virtual private network (VPN) plugin apps from sending packets properly through an established VPN tunnel on an IPv6-only network.
- Addresses an issue that may cause compound document (OLE) server applications to display embedded objects incorrectly if you use the PatBlt API to place embedded objects into the Windows Metafile (WMF).
- Addresses an issue with end-user-defined characters (EUDC) to meet China’s GB18030 compliance requirements.
After installation, OS Build will be 18362.84.
Known issues in this update
After installing this update, users may experience error “0x800705b4” when launching Windows Defender Application Guard or Windows Sandbox.
Use the credentials of a local admin to create and set the following registry keys on the Host OS then restart the Host:
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
When using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts, the text, layout, or cell size may become narrower or wider than expected in Microsoft Excel. For example, the layout and cell size of Microsoft Excel sheets may change when using MS UI Gothic.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be available in mid-May.Until a resolution is released, we recommend switching to a different Japanese font, such as Yu Gothic or MS Mincho. Alternatively, you can uninstall the optional update.
How to get this update
To receive this update, you must be a Windows Insider (Slow, Fast or Release Preview ring) AND currently running Insider Build 18362.30 or 18362.53 for the update to be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. Windows Insiders may also download the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
You must be a Windows Insider on the Fast, Slow and Release Preview rings and be running Build 18362.30 or 18362.53.
Update replacement information
This update replaces the previously released update KB4495666.