Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4499151 (released May 14, 2019) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Addresses an issue to set the date separator properly in the Japanese short date format. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Updates time zone information for Morocco.
- Updates time zone information for the Palestinian Authority.
- Improves performance related to case-insensitive string comparison functions such as _stricmp() in the Universal C Runtime.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Multipath I/O (MPIO) to become unresponsive.
- Addresses an issue that may cause event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event log to contain an unreadable server name.
- Addresses an issue that causes applications built with the Universal CRT (UCRT) to receive the missing export message, “__C_specific_handler_noexcept”.
- Addresses a rare issue that prevents fmod() from returning “-0” when expected.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this update, there may be issues using the Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) to start a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use Variable Window Extension. This may cause the connection to the WDS server to terminate prematurely while downloading the image. This issue does not affect clients or devices that are not using Variable Window Extension.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4503276.
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.|| |
Do one of the following:
|Microsoft and McAfee have identified an issue on devices with McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS) Threat Prevention 10.x or McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention (Host IPS) 8.0 or McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.8 installed. It may cause the system to have slow startup or become unresponsive at restart after installing this update.|| |
We are presently investigating this issue with McAfee.
Guidance for McAfee customers can be found in the following McAfee support articles:
|Internet Explorer 11 may stop working when loading or interacting with Power BI reports that have line charts with markers. This issue may also occur when viewing other content that contains Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) markers.|| |
To mitigate the issue with Power BI reports, the report needs to be republished with markers turned off. Markers can be turned off by selecting the line chart that is having issues and going to the Visualizations pane. Then on the Format tab under Shapes, set the Show marker slider to off.We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.
How to get this update
This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4499182.