Note This release also contains updates for Microsoft HoloLens (OS Build 18362.1024) released July 9, 2019. Microsoft will release an update directly to the Windows Update Client to improve Windows Update reliability on Microsoft HoloLens that have not updated to this most recent OS Build.
- Updates an issue with a tilted world some Mixed Reality users may see after connecting their headsets.
- Updates the visual quality issues some users may have when using Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets with Steam®VR content.
- Updates an issue with BitLocker encryption recovery mode.
Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, wireless technologies, and Microsoft Office products.
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that may cause BitLocker to go into recovery mode if BitLocker is being provisioned at the same time as updates are being installed.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Mixed Reality users to see a tilted world after connecting their headsets.
- Addresses visual quality issues some users may have seen with Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets and Steam®VR content.
- Security updates to Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Kernel, Microsoft HoloLens, Internet Explorer, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Virtualization, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, and Windows Cryptography.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 feature update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This doesn't apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
|Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|
The Remote Access Connection Manager (RASMAN) service may stop working and you may receive the error “0xc0000005” on devices where the diagnostic data level is manually configured to the non-default setting of 0. You may also receive an error in the Application section of Windows Logs in Event Viewer with Event ID 1000 referencing “svchost.exe_RasMan” and “rasman.dll”.This issue only occurs when a VPN profile is configured as an Always On VPN (AOVPN) connection with or without device tunnel. This does not affect manual only VPN profiles or connections.
To mitigate this issue, use one of the steps below, either the group policy step or the registry step, to configure one of the default telemetry settings.
Set the value for the following group policy settings:
Or set the following registry value:
Value: 1, 2 or 3
Note If the Remote Access Connection Manager service is not running after setting the Group Policy or registry key, you will need to manually start the service or restart the device.
We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late July.
After installing this update, opening or using the Window-Eyes screen reader app may result in an error and some features may not function as expected.Note Users who have already migrated from Window-Eyes to Freedom Scientific's other screen reader, JAWS, should not be affected by this issue.
|We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||Yes||None. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically synchronize with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and laterClassification: Security Updates
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4507453.