A hotfix rollup package (build 184.108.40.206) isavailable for Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) 2016 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This rollup packageresolves issues and adds improvements that are described in the "Issuesfixed and improvements added in this update" section.
Additional software prerequisites in MIM SP2
Microsoft Download Center
A supported update is available from the Microsoft Download Center. We recommend that all customers apply this update to their production systems.
To apply this update, you must have the following installed:
- The 2013 x64 Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (vsresist_x64.exe) (must be installed before you run MIM Service and Portal Setup)
- Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 build 4.4.1302.0
- .NET Framework 4.6 for the following components:
- MIM Service
- MIM Portals (Identity Management, Password Reset, Password Registration)
- MIM PAM
- MIM add-ins and extensions
You must restart the computer after you apply the add-ins and extensions package (Mimaddinsextensions_x(64/86)_kb4512924.msp). You may also have to restart the server components.
This is a cumulative update that replaces all MIM 2016 SP1 updates, from 4.4.1302.0 through build 4.5.412.0 for Microsoft Identity Manager 2016.
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
Issues fixed and improvements added in this update
MIM Client add-ons
- Added support for MIM Outlook add-in to beloaded into the Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Click-To-Run version.
Service and Portal
- Added support for MIM Service and Portal to be installed on Windows Server 2019, and to use SQL 2017, Exchange Server 2019, SharePoint 2019, System Center Service Manager Data Warehouse 2019.
- Enabled MIM Service and Portal installation in TLS 1.2 only environments.
- Enabled installation for MIM Service, Password Reset and Password Registration websites to use group-managed service accounts.
- New installer parameter "keepSQLjobs" introduced to keep existing SQL Agent MIM related jobs untouched (keep ownership and schedule), for example, "msiexec /p 'MIMService_KB4512924.msp' keepSQLjobs=true."
- Added an additional step to MIM SQL Server Agent temporal jobs to skip execution on secondary SQL Always-On Availability Group replicas.
- Added a code to handle "ExplicitMember.Add" and "ExplicitMember.Remove" virtual attributes in RCDC forms for custom object types.
- MIM Service MA schema refresh no longer causes synchronization rules corruption.
- Accessibility improvements for customers by using MIM Portal together with a screen reader.
- Added support for MIM Synchronization Service to be installed on Windows Server 2019, and to use SQL Server 2017, Exchange Server 2019.
- Enabled installation in TLS 1.2-only environments.
- Enabled installation for MIM Synchronization Service to use a group managed service account.
- Added "Use MIMSync account" option for MIM Service Management Agent to use Synchronization Service’s group-managed service account credentials to connect to MIM Service and MIM Service Database.
- Accessibility improvements for customers by usingMIM Synchronization Service Client together with a screen reader.
- PowerShell cmdlet "Get-PAMRequest" returns an additional property.
- Enabled installation for PAM Monitoring Service, PAM Component Service to use group-managed service accounts.