This article describesthe issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft System Center2016 Orchestrator. This article also contains the installationinstructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- Runbookperforming SQL query activity returns NULL value for the Time and XML column.
- Exporting and Importingrunbooks into upgraded SCO environment returns empty catalogue value in theproperties for query database activity.
- Unableto perform checkout, delete, or rename operations on runbooks when user SID is longerthan 50 characters.
- Orchestratornow depends upon Microsoft OLE DB driver for SQL server instead of SQLNCLI.
How to obtain Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator
Important Before you install this update, make sure newSQL driver (MSOLEDBSQL) is installed on the Management server role. For moreinformation, see the Microsoft OLE DB driver for SQL Server topic on the Microsoft Docs website.
Update packages forOrchestrator are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Toobtain and install an update package from Windows Update, follow these steps ona computer that has an Orchestrator component installed:
1. Click Start,and then click Control Panel.
2. InControl Panel, double-click Windows Update.
3. Inthe Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates fromMicrosoft Update.
4. Click Importantupdates are available.
5. Selectthe Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
6. Click Installupdates to install the update package.
Go to the followingwebsite to manually download the update package from the MicrosoftUpdate Catalog:
For information abouthow to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number toview the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned thisfile for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software thatwas available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored onsecurity-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Installation instructions for Orchestrator
Download the updatepackages that Microsoft Update provides for each computer. Microsoft Updateprovides the appropriate updates according to the components that are installedon each computer. Or manually download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
After the Orchestrator updates are installed,reconfigure the Orchestrator database by using the existing database accordingto these guidelines.