Reminder The additional servicing for Windows 10 Enterprise, Education, and IoT Enterprise editions ended on April 9, 2019 and doesn't extend beyond this date. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
Reminder March 12 and April 9 were the last two Delta updates for Windows 10, version 1607. For Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) customers, security and quality updates will continue to be available via the express and full cumulative update packages. For more information on this change please visit our blog.
Windows 10, version 1607, reached end of service on April 10, 2018. Devices running Windows 10 Home or Pro editions will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
IMPORTANT Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education editions will receive additional servicing at no cost until April 9, 2019. Devices on the Long-Term Servicing Channels (LTSC) will continue to receive updates until October 2026 per the Lifecycle Policy page. Windows 10 Anniversary Update (v. 1607) devices running the Intel “Clovertrail” chipset will continue to receive updates until January 2023 per the Microsoft Community blog.
Windows Server 2016 Standard edition, Nano Server installation option and Windows Server 2016 Datacenter edition, Nano Server installation option reached end of service on October 9, 2018. These editions will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
Windows 10 Mobile, version 1607, reached end of service on October 8, 2018. Devices running Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras) and input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that causes events that are based on Windows Defender Application Control Code Integrity to be unreadable.
- Provides protections against the Intel® Processor Machine Check Error vulnerability (CVE-2018-12207). Use the registry setting as described in the Guidance KB article. (This registry setting is disabled by default.)
- Provides protections against the Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) Transaction Asynchronous Abort vulnerability (CVE-2019-11135). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions, but disabled by default for Windows Server OS editions.)
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Peripherals, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine .
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 feature update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This doesn't apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
|After installing KB4467684, the cluster service may fail to start with the error “2245 (NERR_PasswordTooShort)” if the group policy “Minimum Password Length” is configured with greater than 14 characters.|| |
Set the domain default "Minimum Password Length" policy to less than or equal to 14 characters.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.|| |
Do one of the following:
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||Yes||None. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically synchronize with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 10Classification: Security Updates
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4525236.