This update resolves the following issue:
- Addresses an issue that might cause your wallpaper that is set to Stretch to display as black.
Important Before you apply this update, see the "Prerequisites" section.
Known issues in this update
We are currently not aware of any issues that affect this update.
How to get this update
Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
You must have the following updates installed before you apply this update. If you use Windows Update, these updates will be offered automatically as needed.
- You must have the SHA-2 update (KB4474419) that is dated September 23, 2019 or a later SHA-2 update installed and then restart your device before you apply this update. If you use Windows Update, the latest SHA-2 update will be offered to you automatically. For more information about SHA-2 updates, see 2019 SHA-2 Code Signing Support requirement for Windows and WSUS.
- You must have the servicing stack update (SSU) (KB4490628) that is dated March 12, 2019 or a later SSU update installed. For more information about the latest SSU updates, see ADV990001 | Latest Servicing Stack Updates.
Important You must restart your device after you install these required updates and before you apply any Monthly Rollup, Security-Only Update, Preview of Monthly Rollup, or stand-alone update.
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
The MANIFEST files (.manifest) and MUM files (.mum) that are installed are not listed.
For information on SSUs, see the following articles:
- Servicing stack updates
- Servicing Stack Updates (SSU): Frequently Asked Questions
- ADV990001 | Latest Servicing Stack Updates
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.