This article describes the issues that are fixed in System Center VirtualMachine Manager 2016 UR9 release. There are two updates that are available forVirtual Machine Manager, one for the Virtual Machine Manager server and onefor the Administrator Console (x86 and amd64). This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- Storage Provider Refresh fails when the NIC has no MAC present.
- Performance counter dataextracted using the rule “Micrososft.SystemCenter.VirtualMahcineManager.2016.CLoudUsageCollection” is not stored correctly in OperationsManagerDW DB.
- Incorrect display of OS version for WS 2019 Domain controller VMs.
Other Improvements and Features
How to obtain and install System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2016 UR9
Update packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install anupdate package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that hasa Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start,and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click WindowsUpdate.
- In the Windows Updatewindow, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Importantupdates are available.
- Select the update rolluppackage and then click Ok.
- Click Installupdates to install the update package.
Go to the followingwebsites to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft UpdateCatalog:
For information abouthow to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number toview the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned thisfile for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software thatwas available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored onsecurity-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to thefile.
To manually install theupdate packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
For example, to install the System Center 2016UR9 package for Virtual Machine Manager Server (KB 4549434), run the following command:
msiexec.exe /update KB 4549434_vmmserver_amd64.msp