- Windows 10 Version 2004 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 10 Version 2004 for ARM64-based Systems
- Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems
- Windows Server, version 2004 (Server Core installation)
This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Servicing stack updates (SSU) makes sure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.
How to get this update
Method 1: Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. It will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Windows Server Update Services
This update is also available through Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
There are no prerequisites to apply this update.
You don't have to restart your computer after you apply this update.
Servicing stack updates (SSUs) make changes to how updates are installed and cannot be uninstalled from the device.
Update replacement information
This update does not replace any previously released update.
For information on SSUs, see the following articles:
- Servicing stack updates
- Servicing Stack Updates (SSU): Frequently Asked Questions
- ADV990001 | Latest Servicing Stack Updates
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.