IMPORTANT Windows 10, version 1803 has reached the end of mainstream support and is now in extended support. Starting in July 2020, there will no longer be optional, non-security releases (known as "C" releases) for this operating system. Operating systems in extended support have only cumulative monthly security updates (known as the "B" or Update Tuesday release).
IMPORTANT Starting in July 2020, all Windows Updates will disable the RemoteFX vGPU feature because of a security vulnerability. For more information about the vulnerability, see CVE-2020-1036 and KB4570006. After you install this update, attempts to start virtual machines (VM) that have RemoteFX vGPU enabled will fail, and messages such as the following will appear:
- “The virtual machine cannot be started because all the RemoteFX-capable GPUs are disabled in Hyper-V Manager.”
- “The virtual machine cannot be started because the server has insufficient GPU resources.”
If you re-enable RemoteFX vGPU, a message similar to the following will appear:
- "We no longer support the RemoteFX 3D video adapter. If you are still using this adapter, you may become vulnerable to security risk. Learn more (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2131976)”
Windows 10, version 1803 (the April 2018 Update) Home and Pro editions have reached end of service. For Windows 10 devices that are at, or within several months of reaching end of service, Windows Update will automatically initiate a feature update (with users having the ability to choose a convenient time). This keeps those devices supported and receiving the monthly updates that are critical to device security and ecosystem health.
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus).
- Improves security in the Microsoft Store.
- Updates an issue that might prevent some applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files.
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that causes lsass.exe to stop working on a terminal server when you enable Remote Credential Guard. The exception code is 0xc0000374.
- Addresses an issue that might prevent some applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files after installing Windows Updates released June 9, 2020.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge Legacy, Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Apps, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Microsoft Store, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Update Stack, Windows MSXML, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Remote Desktop, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For general information about SSUs, see Servicing stack updates and Servicing Stack Updates (SSU): Frequently Asked Questions.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||Yes||None. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 10Classification: Security Updates
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4565489.