COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device
The device ‘Generic volume’ cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later.
1. Download a free utility from a third-party Web site at the following address:
2. Click Find, Find Handle or DLL in the tool menu.
• Type the drive letter of the USB device in the Handle or DLL substring textbox, and press Search Button.
• Find the process and its PID in the following box.
• In system process tree view, find the process according to the Find Handle or DLL dialog box.
• Press Ctrl + H to show Handles in Lower Pane View.
• Find the File according with the drive letter , and right click it, choose Close Handle.