You experience slow performance or slow browsing
You receive an error message when you use Internet Explorer
You experience unexpected behavior in Internet Explorer
You experience file corruption issues
You cannot surf the InternetYou cannot use Internet Explorer to surf the Internet. Additionally, other applications cannot access the Internet. Any one of the following can cause this issue:
- Issues with your firewall software or with its configuration
- Issues with network adapter drivers
- Issues with the current installation of Winsock or of TCP/IP protocols
- Incorrect entries in the Hosts file on your computer
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:936211 How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer
You experience slow performance or slow browsingThe browser may respond slowly. Also, you may experience slow browsing or slow load times for a Web page. Typically, slow performance and slow browsing issues occur when any one of the following is true:
- You have to perform maintenance on Internet Explorer by using built-in tools.
- Internet Explorer has conflicting or incorrect settings.
- A third-party program does not work with Internet Explorer.
- One of the .dll files that is related to Internet Explorer is missing, has been replaced with the wrong version, or is installed incorrectly.
For more information about how to optimize Internet Explorer, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:936213 How to optimize Internet Explorer
You receive an error message when you use Internet ExplorerNote This section applies only to Windows Internet Explorer 7.
When you try to open Internet Explorer, you may receive a "Webpage cannot be displayed” error message. Additionally, Internet Explorer may stop responding when you open it or when you use it. This may occur for one of the following reasons:
- Issues or conflicts with other software that is installed.
- The user account is corrupted.
- The computer is infected by malicious third-party software or by viruses.
- Configuration settings issues and compatibility issues within Internet Explorer.
Note These issues may occur because Internet Explorer maintenance has to be performed, Internet Explorer has conflicting or incorrect settings, or one of the Internet Explorer .dll files is missing or is corrupted.