The changes and fixed issues in Visual Studio 2008 SP1 for Express editions are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Products to which Visual Studio 2008 SP1 applies
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- The Microsoft Windows SDK
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition for Database Professionals
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition for Software Architects
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition for Software Developers
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition for Software Testers
- Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
How to obtain Visual Studio 2008 SP1To obtain Visual Studio 2008 SP1, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the download location for Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 for Express Editions, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Changed features and fixed issues in Visual Studio 2008 SP1For more information about the changed features and fixed issues in Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Supported languages and operating systems
Supported languagesVisual Studio 2008 SP1 provides updates for the following versions of Visual Studio 2008:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Supported operating systems
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista or Windows Vista SP1
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later version of Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003 SP1 or a later version of Windows Server 2003
Note If you must have support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Community Technology Preview (CTP), you must have Windows Server 2003 SP2 installed.
- A licensed copy of one of the supported Visual Studio 2008 products must be installed on the destination computer.
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 or a later version of Windows Installer must be installed on the destination computer. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
- We recommend 512 MB or more RAM.
Visual Studio 2008 SP1 supportFormal support is available through Microsoft Support Web site. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Administrator deployment of Visual Studio 2008 SP1See the Readme document for more information.
Installation/removal issues for all platformsSee the Readme document for more information.
Known issues with the service packSee the Readme document for more information.
Article ID: 945140 - Last Review: Mar 20, 2013 - Revision: 1