- Windows Update or Microsoft Update tries to install a driver a second time for an additional piece of identical hardware such as a graphics adapter.
- Windows Update or Microsoft Update tries to update a currently installed driver to an unsuitable version of that driver.
- Visit the Microsoft Update Web site:
- After the scan for updates is complete, click
Custom on the Welcome page.
- In the navigation pane, click Hardware, Optional. Then, the Update client displays the available updates on the Select Optional Hardware Updates page.
- Expand the second update for the graphics card, and then click to select the Don't show this update again check box.
- Click Review and install updates.
- Verify that the second update for the graphics card is not present, and then click Install Updates.
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- After the scan for updates is complete, click the Optional updates are available link.
- In the Select the updates you want to install section, right-click the update that you want to hide, and then click Hide update.
- Click OK.
- Click Install Updates to install any additional updates that are selected. If no other updates are selected, close Windows Update.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), type Windows Updates in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Check for updates.
- After the scan is complete, tap or click the Optional updates are avialable link.
- Tap and hold or Right click the update you want to hide, tap or click Hide update, and then tap or click OK.
- If any other updates are available, save all your work in other programs, then tap or click Restart now to install updates, otherwise, close the Windows Update window.
Article ID: 952032 - Last Review: Dec 12, 2012 - Revision: 1