Messages that are sent by using the "Send As" and "Send on behalf" permissions are copied only to the Sent Items folder of the sender in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- In an Exchange Server 2010 environment, a user has a mailbox (MB1).
- You grant the user "Send As" or "Send on behalf" permissions for another mailbox (MB2).
- The user sends a message from MB1 on behalf of MB2.
- Get-MailboxSentItemsConfiguration <mailbox id>
This cmdlet displays the configuration of the Sent Items folder in a specified mailbox.
- Set-MailboxSentItemsConfiguration <mailbox id> [-SendAsItemsCopiedTo [Sender|SenderAndFrom]] [-SendOnBehalfOfItemsCopiedTo [Sender|SenderAndFrom]]
This cmdlet enables an administrator to configure the Sent Items folder to which a message is copied.
SendAsItemsCopiedTo changes where messages that are sent by using the "SendAs" permissions are copied.
SendOnBehalfOfItemsCopiedTo changes where messages that are sent by using the "Send on Behalf Of" permissions are copied.
Each command can use:Sender Copies the message to the Sent Items folder of the sender only
SenderAndFrom Copies the message to the Sent Items folder of both the sender and the user on whose behalf the message was sent
- The DelegateSentItemsStyle registry key is set to a value of 1 on the Microsoft Outlook client.
- You must manually change the attributes on mailboxes that existed before the update was applied. To do this, use the commands that are listed earlier in this article.
- You must restart the Microsoft Information Store service for the change to take effect immediately.
- Currently, you can configure Exchange Server 2010 to copy messages to either the Sent Items folder of the sender or the Sent Items folders of both the sender and the user on whose behalf the message was sent.
- The SendAsItemsCopiedTo and SendOnbehalfofItemsCopiedTo settings are applied only if SendAs or SendOnBehalfOf rights are assigned to a specific user directly. If the SendAs or SendOnBehalfOf right is assigned to a distribution group, the sent item will be put in the sender's Sent Items folder only.
Article ID: 2632409 - Last Review: 12/17/2013 23:48:00 - Revision: 6.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2632409